Friday, October 12, 2007

Thoughts

So I'm lying on the floor the other day, getting mauled by Ella, and Jeopardy is on in the background. I'm kind of half paying attention and realize that I am questioning all of the answers correctly. I normally average about one in ten, so naturally I'm feeling pretty good about myself. About then is when I noticed that all of the contestants were little kids. I'm not talking Teen Jeopardy, this was Kids Week. These snot-nosed little brats can't even wipe their own butts, but they know more than I do. Now is a good time to point out that I wasn't getting all of the questions right, just more than normal. After that experience I made it a point to try and watch the rest of the week in order to make myself feel intelligent. On Friday, the finale, I was back to my usual one in ten correct, I'll be honest, I was a little frustrated. I would have heartily lost regular jeopardy, then double jeopardy started. I've heard that you can judge an individuals character by the way that they speak i.e., the quality of language they use. I'm not going to lie, I cleaned up during double Jeopardy and I let those little pukes know it. I'm probably the only person to scream at little kids (whilst they were on a television game show) and rub in their faces that I am smarter than they are. I also informed them that I could beat them up if it came to it. I know, I'm a classy guy, but what can you do?



On a different note, what's with the news in Buffalo?
Since we moved here a little over a year ago, we have heard about the possibility of a "Bass Pro Shop" opening up. I have no idea what makes this so special, but I would compare it to the hype around a new stadium being built in a real city. They have gone back and forth about whether or not is was going to be built no less than ten times. And every time they do it is the number one news story of the month. Most news stations give teasers about big world events or exclusive stories, not in Buffalo. The top story is about a fish store. Not once, not twice, but for several years. Apparently Buffalonians think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Yeah Buffalo.
HOWEVER, the last time I heard about this on the news they did redeem themselves a bit with the next story. Unfortunately it was not a local story, but it was about a teacher that decided it would be a good idea to staple a Post-It note to a fourth-grader's forehead. I don't even need to elaborate on that one.
I teach primary at church (surprising I know, but the church IS true), and I had an interesting experience today. You know how kids say cute little things? Like that church movie, "From the Mouthes of Babes." We had a combined junior and senior primary to practice for the music program. One of the teachers asked a question and one of the little boys repeatedly shouted, "I don't know what the hell that means!". He then told all of the other kids they sucked at singing. I thought it was funny. He's a surly lad.

4 comments:

aaron said...

I dont know if I can handle three more years of hearing about bass pro coming to buffalo...will it please hurry up and get here so that they will stop reporting it on the NEWS.

Lari said...

HAHAHAHAHA The little child reminds me of a few things you said as a boy...... or the way you always swung your whole body down all the stairs at once after bearing your testimony. You are such a cute boy! Love, your mother

Lari said...

ps, after reading all your blog, I would have to agree with erica in the mustache department. I HATE IT and after the mess you made of our Christmas photo last year with your bad idea of making all the men grow mustaches, I will always be bitter about them.

BRENT & KASHANN said...

UPDATE your Blog. What a great start, but come on, it's not like you study 24/7 . We know that you have the time and we really have enjoyed it so far. -kashann